I've got some shit on my mind. Batten down, hold on tight to something heavy, and prepare for a messy brain dump.
- I like bullet points. Well, mostly. They suck in PowerPoint presentations, especially really dry ones during which the presenter does nothing but read them to you. Presenters like that should be shot before they reach the third slide.
- The new album from The Indelicates is incredible. In fact, it's possibly the band's very best work. Packed with emotion, sometimes aggressive and sometimes tender, Diseases of England should be recognized as the art it truly is. Okay, yeah, there is a song called "Pubes," and it is about pubic hair on the internet, but The Indelicates are, well, not very delicate. Buy it now, tell your friends, and request songs from it on good, indie-friendly radio stations.
- I'm totally serious about this. I saw someone on Amazon complain that she was offended by Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage - primarily the song "Why Does it Hurt when I Pee?". I kind of flipped out for a few minutes, for two reasons. 1) It's a damn good song. 2) People who say "I'm offended" about virtually anything really piss me the fuck off. George Carlin used to say, "There are two knobs on the radio." For the younger crowd, one of the knobs on ancient radios was for volume, and the other one changed the station. In other words, if you don't like it, don't fucking listen to it, you puss filled, rancid twat. (That was not an anti-woman statement. I call men puss filled, rancid twats all the time. I'm an equal opportunity twat labeler.)
- With the exception of Bioshock Infinite, DmC Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, and Far Cry 3, recent PC games have really sucked. Resident Evil 6 deserves to be thrown to the infected thingies. Dead Island Riptide almost made me cry. Star Trek makes as much sense as the J.J. Abrams movie. SimCity, WTF? TV tie-in Defiance is about as entertaining as your average TV show.
- But all is not lost. Get a load of this. There's a game coming in June that looks pretty damn good. I hate to get my hopes up, but it appears the developers of Remember Me are firing on all cylinders.
- God of War Ascension is underrated.
- I'll let you know soon how Soul Sacrifice, a PlayStation Vita game, is. Apparently it's playing the role of a killer app for the Vita in Japan, boosting sales of the struggling portable. Sony started talking
The Vita's salvation, or just another bomb?
- That's it. I'm out. I'm really sleepy. The bwaps are slunking through the windows to chase me into the crombrill, so I have to go to bed.